Engineering CAD Technology
The Engineering 电脑-援助ed Drafting (ECAD) Technology program prepares graduates for positions as entry-level CAD operators in a wide range of manufacturing and engineering industries. Skills acquired from this program of study will allow students to become an integral part of product design and the manufacturing of those products. Graduates will apply specialized knowledge and
From preliminary drawings and
Upon completion of the program, graduates will find various employment opportunities in the following fields:
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Produce working drawings such as detail, 组件, and full-assembly drawings utilizing manual, 徒手画的, and computer-aided drafting techniques.
- Recognize and apply the ASME Y14.5 guidelines in the creation of mechanical working drawings.
- 应用 industrial standards to the creation of working drawings of sheet-metal components, 焊接总成, 电子制图, 管道系统, and power transmission components.
- Identify and understand basic manufacturing processes as they relate to the dimensioning of working drawings.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and to apply interpersonal and technical 技能 解决问题 as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate 技能 and proficiency in multiple 2D and 3D solid modeling CAD software packages.
|Engineering ECAD Employers||SOAR Articulation Agreement|